As a Banquet Steward and Set Up team member, you will be responsible for the actual set up of all conference meetings, including the meeting rooms, cocktail parties, private dinners, weddings and any special needs requested by the client or management.
Responsibilities and Duties may include:
- Setting up meeting rooms and private function areas with the appropriate equipment and materials, including tables, chairs, glasses, water, pens, writing tablets, and any other items requested.
- Storing equipment and materials neatly in proper areas.
- Icing and watering all meetings at the start and during breaks.
- Emptying trash from all function areas.
- Changing linen, and putting it in the correct areas for cleaning by housekeeping.
- Vacuuming all meeting rooms before and after functions.
- Inspecting Banquet equipment for defects, cleanliness, and any other maintenance needed and reporting to the Manager, Supervisor or Captain.
- Cleaning and mopping of the storerooms and meeting rooms.
- Additional task may be assigned verbally or written by the Manager, Supervisor or Captain.
Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally and 50 pounds on a regular basis. Good verbal communication, listening skills, knowledge of basic safety practices, equipment maintenance, action oriented, able read, write and perform basic math functions.
Must be able to read and interpret a diagram for room setup.