We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Banquet Set-Up is primarily responsible for delivering exceptional banquet and conference services to the guests. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Banquet Set-Up will work with the Banquet Captain/Banquet Manager/Assistant Banquet Manager to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Banquet Set-Up shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists servers with the setting and clearing of banquet tables, stocking service stations and assist with buffet/coffee break/table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Assists servers and management with the setting, decoration and tear-down/removal of buffets and coffee breaks.
- Assist with the setting of banquet tables for a full service meal. Quickly clear dirty banquet table settings and prepare table tear-down/removal.
- Safely deliver carts of dirty dishes/flatware/glassware to kitchen for washing.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meals with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
- Assist with the service of guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
- Transport all needed service materials and props to banquet/function rooms and storage.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or 2 years of equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic banquet service
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to operate LCD projector, laptop computer, overhead projector, TVs and monitors, kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of banquet service, coffee breaks, buffets, table settings and service ware.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Must be able to work in areas of loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Benefits : Medical,, Dental, Vision, 401k and more ...