Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Westin Virginia Beach Hotel is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team. Located in the heart of Town Center, the Westin is a 236 guest room hotel serving the upscale guest. The Westin Virginia Beach, a Starwood franchise, prides itself on creating a safe and challenging work environment that allows all employees to flourish. It is our pleasure to invite you to apply for the following position:
- Banquet Set-up - Full-time
The Banquet Set-up person is responsible for the setup and breakdown of furniture and other conference materials within the conference rooms of a Conference Center.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people. b) Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms. c) All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings. d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment. e) All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures. f) All safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Return soiled linens/skirting to Laundry.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate/equivalent vocational training certificate or work equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Previous guest relations training.