The Banquet Services Manager is responsible for assuring the success of all banquet / catering events, while
maintaining a profitable operation and the highest of quality products and “4 Star” service levels and client
experience. The Banquet Services Manager is expected to share ideas to promote business, reduce team member
turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently
• Manages all aspects of the daily operation of banquet functions; supervises all aspects of food and
beverage service in banquet areas to include set-up, service, breakdown, and client interaction.
• Communicates with kitchen supervisors and staff to ensure timely service of food and accurate guest
• Provide consistent supervision of banquet staff to ensure standards for safety, sanitation, quality,
presentation and maintenance of client satisfaction at all times.
• Prepare final banquet checks and present to clients for payment.
• Select, develop and retain service staff to create a diverse workforce and deliver excellence in service.
• Managers the process of inventorying and ordering of department supplies; manage the process of
quarterly China, Glass, Silver and Linen inventories and compile results.
• Institutes departmental policies, procedures, and implementation of new services.
• Prepare weekly department schedules based on business demands understanding that there may be
last minute scheduling changes to accommodate client needs; update schedules on a daily basis as
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll to include punch/edit reports and gratuity calculations.
• Schedule services with vendors in accordance with BEO needs- i.e. Audio Visual Equipment, flowers, etc.
• Review BEOs on a consistent basis to ensure appropriate staffing and supplies levels.
• Coordinates all function activities with the Catering Sales Managers, Conference Service Manager, and
Executive Chef; meets weekly with the catering sales office and culinary team regarding details of
upcoming events including event logistics, food presentation, and arrival/departure timelines.
• Ensure compliance with departmental guidelines and procedures.
• Regular review of guest comments & communications to evaluate customer satisfaction of all
• Develop and implement changes in operating procedures.
• Assist in the annual budgeting process and with capital expenses, revenues, profitability and direct
• Ensure timely performance evaluations of all banquet staff.
• Administer personnel development programs for the managers, which will aid them in the
development of the banquet employees at all levels and permit advancement for those people qualified
and interested in improving their position.
• Monitor food and beverage department purchases related to the banquet department including
requisitions, inventories, and proper procedures to ensure monthly budgeted cost of sales.
• Maintains function rooms in presentable condition at all times; inspects for proper set-up, including
table, buffets, and AV equipment.
• Maximizes space usage to increase revenue, while ensuring that all guest feel “special and cared for”.
• In conjunction with the sales team, participates in client presentations, meetings and selling activities.
• Monitors service standards to consistently provide hospitality and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards in compliance with city and state laws.
• Strong project management skills; managing time effectively and prioritizing for results.
• Ability to plan resources effectively, anticipate obstacles and develop solutions.
• Highly resourceful, flexible and creative in solving problems.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and execute with a high level of quality.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Excellent decision making skills.
• Knowledge of inventory controls.
• Knowledge of standard personnel management principles.
• Ability to assess and analyze detailed documents.
• Strong inter-personal and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective vendor management and negotiations skills.
• Ability and desire to adapt quickly to change.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Delphi and ADP systems.
• Knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
• Bi-lingual desirable.
• Flexibility in schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to interact in a professional, courteous, empathetic, and discreet manner.
• Ability to utilize effective up-sell techniques when working with clients.
• Analytical approach to problem solving.
College Degree required; preferably a Bachelors Degree in related field (i.e.: Hotel Management, Business
• Required: 5+ years of food & beverage operations experience.
• Required: 3-5 years supervisory or management experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
• TIPs certification is preferred.
• ServSafe Food Handlers certification is preferred.
This position description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position
may be asked to perform from time to time.
Framingham Area, MA
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes