Banquet Servers - full time
Loews Annapolis Hotel, a 215 Room full service property in downtown Annapolis within walking distance to the historic waterfromt, the local arts scene and the US Naval Academy! We boast 20,000 square feet of function space in the hotel and in the Historic Powerhouse building located on our property.
For more information about Loews Annapolis Hotel, please visit us at www.loewshotels.com/annapolis
The responsibilities of the Banquet Server is to perform all tasks associated with presetting, serving and breaking down service related materials in function rooms where banquet food service activities are performed.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Review appropriate Event Order to become familiar with menu and service order and procedures prior to start of function
- Completes required set up/preparation of function room /service area prior to scheduled activity
- Inspects all equipment prior to, during and at the end of each function.
- Reports any deviations from standards to Captain/Supervisor
- Inventories materials and supplies at beginning of shift, obtains quantities necessary to support forecasted levels of business
- Prepares coffee, iced/hot tea and other beverages as required
- Checks all plates prior to service for accuracy, completeness, appearance and presentation
- Serves beverages to guests following Star Service Standards, replenishes same as needed
- Serves food to guests following Star Service Standards
- Monitors guests, anticipates needs, responds to request, ensures satisfaction
- Monitors guests alcohol consumption to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
- Clears tables and breaks down function rooms after completion of banquet food service activity
- Completes assigned end of shift duties
- Other duties as assigned
As a full time team member, excellent benefits are available and include: Low cost health, dental and vision benefits, access to a free Employee Assistance program, direct deposit, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick and personal time, free on site parking, free uniforms and shift meals, free life insurance, access to low cost short and long term disability benefits, credit union membership if desired and access to the Loews Hotels team member travel benefits, as well as a fun, fast paced and dynamic work environment.
The qualified candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered:
- One + years experience as Food Service Attendant/Banquet Server in upscale hotel or free standing restaurant operation
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of quality food service techniques and standards
- Certification of training in responsible vendor requirements or ability to obtain same
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to lift and carry food service trays weighing 35+ pounds
- Ability to stand stoop and bend repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to speak, read and understand the English language
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes via: www.loewshotels.com/careers-en
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Drug free, we participate in E-Verify
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V