Banquet Server - On Call
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Location: US - CA - Rancho Cordova
The Sacramento Marriott located in Rancho Cordova is a unique Full Service hotel with 14,000 square feet of meeting space and full catering capabilities. On site is a Full service Starbucks offering discounts to our Team Members. The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is a top ranked hotel on TripAdvisor Popularity in Rancho Cordova- Centrally located between Sacramento and Folsom with easy freeway & light rail access.
The Banquet Service is responsible for courteous, friendly, and efficient food and beverage service at catered banquet events. The banquet server is the primary guest contact person who makes an important contribution to the guest experience. The banquet server is also responsible for set up and clearing of an event.
Banquet Captain, Banquet Manager and Food and Beverage Director
Will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must have 6 months serving experience.
- High school graduate.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guest.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to transport food and beverage to Guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble linen, china, flatware and glassware to banquet standards.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and impeccable uniform.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Station assignment, proper table set-up and dress code of the banquet department.
- All liquor, beer, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
- Characteristics and descriptions of every wine/champagne “by the glass” selection and all major wines on the wine list.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food and beverage serving/preparation equipment.
- All service standards required by Marriott including safety and emergency procedures.
- Descriptions of all entrees and buffet items, including sauces and dressings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Check quality and quantity of all banquet stock and equipment.
- Fold napkins, per banquet standards.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storerooms to banquet rooms.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set all condiments (sugar, bread, lemons, creamers, etc.) and beverages.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware and china for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas.
- Set up station with supplies and equipment.
- Take Guests’ food and beverage orders as needed.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage orders from bar as needed and serve to Guest in accordance with standards.
- Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with banquet standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with banquet standard.
- Serve all food courses and beverage items, clear each course and bus tables in accordance with standards.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dish washing area.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy. Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, supervisors, co-workers and other departments.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Complete closing duties, such as:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock all items for next service.
- Remove all dirty linen.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the banquet captain and/or management.
- Meal and beverage service is performed on time and in an efficient manner, following correct procedures as outlined in the Server Training Manual
- Completes the breakdown after each function as assigned, ensuring the return of equipment to proper storage areas
- Assists fellow servers and house persons in their duties as required
- Maintains care and cleanliness of all banquet equipment
- Maintains cleanliness and care of work areas or back of the house service areas
- Carries all trays in a manner that is safe for self as well as fellow workers
- Always uses good language and exhibit a good, positive attitude
- Performs all hotel related duties as assigned by a Supervisor
- Adheres to all hotel and Banquet Department policies as set in the Employee Handbook
- Sets up, serves and breaks down coffee breaks according to established procedure
- Ensures the correct handling of clean and soiled linen and proper storage of same
- Adheres to all local liquor laws and fire regulations
- Continually check to see that rooms are set in accordance to the banquet event orders and organized properly for service
- Responsible to confirm menus with Chef, and sees that last minute changes are communicated efficiently
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Notify management of any pertinent related to shift activities.
- Assist with turning over banquet rooms from one group to another.
The Sacramento Marriott provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
PreferredTeamwork Novice Multi-Tasking Novice Customer Service Novice Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
High School or better.Experience
Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler