San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
Banquet Servers are responsible for consistently providing high quality service at all food and beverage functions, in accordance with Omni’s four star standards.Responsibilities
- Graciously attend to all food and beverage related needs guests at banquet functions.
- Understand and comply with Omni’s standards for Banquet Service.
- Perform table setting in accordance with Omni Standard.
- Perform Banquet sequence of service in accordance with Omni Standard.
- Understand etiquette and procedures for delivering and clearing at tables during plated functions.
- Carry a service tray according to Omni standards.
- Assist in proper set up and break down of food and beverage stations.
- Be knowledgeable about where to find supplies and understand rules for procuring food and beverage from banquet supply areas.
- Report any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment to Banquet Captain or appropriate personnel.
- Complete “TIPS” (or Omni-designated alternatives) certification and maintain it up to date on file at all times.
- Maintain familiarity with, and adhere to, all liquor liability laws – fully understand our obligation to safely serve our guests and utilize established guidelines for modifying/restricting alcohol consumption and/or notifying appropriate personnel of difficult situations.
- Attend all designated pre-meal meetings and follow the specific requests noted for each event.
- Read and fully understand BEO’s (Banquet Event Orders) and be able fully execute its directions
- Followed established guidelines for working with the Stewarding Department to set-up and take-down equipment, glass, china and silver.
- Understand and comply with our standards for consumption of excess banquet food during meal/rest periods.
- Properly handle and store Banquet props and equipment.
- Understand and comply with all procedures for radio etiquette.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all regular banquet menu items.
- Be knowledgeable about event-specific menu items.
- Understand obligations and procedures for procuring menu substitutions upon request.
- Ability to set-up and service all basic types of events according to Omni standards. Basic knowledge of these event types is required of all Associates. In order to be scheduled to work these events regularly or without supervision, Associates must demonstrate mastery of each:
- breakfast, dinner and lunch buffets
- coffee breaks
- plated breakfast, lunches and dinners
- tray-pass events
- beverage and dessert stations
- Understand abide by the scheduling, attendance, certification and training guidelines, as well as, all other Omni policies and procedures.
- Perform all Banquet side work and other duties as assigned.
- Previous hotel experience preferred, ideally in an upscale hotel
- Previous food and beverage experience required, preferably in an upscale environment
- Previous customer service experience is required
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time is required
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs. is required
- Food Handler’s Card and TIPS certification (or equivalent) is required
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.