Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Banquet Server- List B
JOB TITLE: Banquet Server, List B
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
BASIC PURPOSE: Set-up, service and break down assigned functions in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Read BEO and know how to complete a set-up. (3%)
2. Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly. (15%)
3. Keep station neat and clean while servicing guest per established policies and procedures. (5%)
4. Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment. (5%)
5. Assist Banquet Captain in setting up/breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment. (5%)
6. Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage. (50%)
7. Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders. (2%)
8. Complete assigned sidework. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
2. Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school or equivalent
Experience: Two years hotel banquet food/beverage service
Skills and Abilities: Able to read and speak English
Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs.
No. of employees supervised: None.
Travel required: None
Hours Required: On call; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.