Banquet Server - Full Time
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Come join the team at this fast paced Full Service hotel located near Denver International Airport!
As the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Manager’s direction the Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages at all banquet functions according to the hotel standards that will result in the complete satisfaction of the guests attending the event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner.
* Must attend all designated pre-event meetings.
* Must be able to understand how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO), including a room diagram.
* Gather and coordinate all equipment necessary to service banquet event.
* Maintain a clear and obstruction free service corridor.
* Perform all Banquet sidework as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Manager.
* Efficiently and properly perform all service standards to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Efficiently attend to all needs of the guest during functions and function related duties.
* Report to Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high level of standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
* Comply at all times with hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
* Prepare room according to the BEO (Banquet Event Order) and the various meal functions.
* Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
* Respond to guest problems, complaints and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 6 months of related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Some of the work is conducted in a typical office environment with temperature control and natural and artificial light. There is frequent exposure to the outdoors including seasonal weather and materials used in maintenance work.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work – Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 20 lbs of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time or during entire shift.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.