SUMMARY:The Banquet Server is primarily responsible for providing support in all areas of Banquets including but not limited to assisting in table and banquet room clean up. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Banquet Server will work with the Banquet Captain/Banquet Manager/Assistant Banquet Manager to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Banquet Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Signs in and reports to the Banquet Manager/Assistant Banquet Manager on time and in full uniform.
- Follows standard procedures for banquet service, including set up and side duties.
- Maintains both pleasant attitude and surroundings toward and for banquet guests.
- Assists in table and banquet room clean up.
- Works cooperatively with the banquet department to assure smooth operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain, Banquet Manager, or the Assistant Banquet Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic banquet service
- Previous server experience is preferred, but not required
- Neat, clean person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Able to stand for full shift
- Able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Able to climb and descend a long flight of stairs while carrying trays full of food/dishes
- Must be able to work in areas of loud noises
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.