Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
to work at our beautiful
Tremont House Hotel, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX
. TheBanquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverage to guest at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standard.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
- Set all tables according to hotel standards.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
- Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques.
- Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.