At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Ability to read BEO’s( banquet event orders) and room diagrams
- Collect and set up any necessary equipment to perform job (complete opening and closing side-work)
- Clear and reset tables according to BEO’s
- Serve guest and internal employees in accordance with established standards
- Keep workstation clean and organized
- Read, sign and abide by all posted memos
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests and co-workers.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
- Complete knowledge of all banquet menu items and beverages
Understand all aspects of food and beverage service, including wine service
- To attend scheduled training sessions on wine and other service seminars; and pre-meal meetings
- Work efficiently alone and with others in the spirit of cooperation.
- Knowledge of hotel layout and amenities
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Must exhibit knowledge of Vermont liquor laws and health & sanitation policies.
- Properly handle all equipment and supplies (i.e. china, crystal, silver and linen).
- Wear uniform neatly pressed and cleaned. Nametag must be worn at all times.
- Report to Banquet Captains or Supervisor before ending work shift.