Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Banquet Server sets up, serves and breaks down banquets in safe and efficient compliance with proper food handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Attend pre-function meeting to learn function particulars including guest and hotel expectations.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Set up function according to Banquet Event Order (BEO) including draping tables, setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks and setting centerpieces. Ensure cleanliness of linen, silverware, and glassware.
- Set tables correctly and uniformly. Set professional, creative, functional, clean buffets.
- Greet and serve guests following policies and procedures.
- Assisting in all aspects of service.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Follow check and payment policies and procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down.
- Keep station neat and clean while serving guests.
- Break-down buffet or other special food service tables/equipment.
- Complete assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus one or more years of related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
AA, EOE, M/F, D/V