Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Banquet Server sets up, serves and breaks down banquets in safe and efficient compliance with proper food handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend pre-function meeting to learn function particulars including guest and hotel expectations.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Set up function according to Banquet Event Order (BEO) including draping tables, setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks and setting centerpieces. Ensure cleanliness of linen, silverware, and glassware.
- Set tables correctly and uniformly. Set professional, creative, functional, clean buffets.
- Greet and serve guests following policies and procedures.
- Assisting in all aspects of service.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Follow check and payment policies and procedures when serving a-la-carte and beverage orders
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break-down.
- Keep station neat and clean while serving guests.
- Break-down buffet or other special food service tables/equipment.
- Complete assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus one or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling, serving techniques and federal, state and local serving guidelines.
- Ability to properly process checks and payments in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.