Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
BANQUET SERVER (On-Call)
"Renaissance" signifies a deep belief in the spirit of exploration and discovery. It's a spirit that celebrates innovation and creativity, originality and expression - all things that contribute to living a life less ordinary. “Renaissance” speaks to the modern discoverer in all of us who lives to unearth life's hidden gems - collecting new tastes, sights, sounds and experiences and adding them to their own story. And so with every Renaissance, we want you to always provide something wonderfully new to our Discoverer!
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Banquet Server serves food to our guests in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
- Ability to serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques.
- Setup and breakdown of banquet events
- May need to control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of meeting spaces and servicing equipment.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent
- 1-3 years prior experience in banquet service
- Active Basset/Tips/Food Handler Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly internal and external guest service.
- Ability to answers questions, and resolve guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate banquets equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace: EOE/AA/M/F/D/V