At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
To provide a great guest experience through genuine hospitality and superior service
Food & Beverage Director
- Adhere to all uniform standards and maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc. for full service of banquet events.
- Maintain all banquet equipment, china glassware, etc. in good working order with minimum breakage.
- Provide excellent food and beverage service for banquet events while following proper service sequence and rules set forth in the banquet server handbook.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Seek council from management when service questions arrive.
- Complete all other assigned duties when necessary as assigned by your superiors.
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Follow Proper Health and Safety practices at all times (review with Joe).
- Welcome and be hospitable toward all guests.
- Deliver food from kitchen or service area to guests in a timely manner while following proper service sequence and timing.
- Perform sidework at the start, end, and during each shift as required.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, drinks and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be willing and ready to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Constantly maintain tables for cleanliness as function progresses.
- Clear and reset tables according to standards.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be knowledgeable in all ABC rules and regulations concerning the sale of alcohol.
- Maintain a professional image at all times and adhere to the uniform policy at all times.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or supervisor.
- Provide a last positive impression by thanking all guests and inviting them to return.
- Do not clock out without managers approval so we may ensure our catering rooms are completely cleaned and organized.