JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of a Banquet Server is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for food and beverage service in meeting rooms and banquet functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure guest satisfaction through meeting room cleanliness and attention to guests’ needs.
- Ensure that a high level of sanitation and cleanliness is maintained before, during and after each shift.
- Set tables in assigned area correctly and uniformly using clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears), clean silverware, clean china with no chips of cracks and clean glassware.
- Properly clean and fill table condiments (salt, pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.).
- Know the menu for each function and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item served.
- Keep station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrol assigned station, exchanging ashtrays, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures. Check on the guests.
- Assist the lead server/captain in breaking down tables, buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Setup; serve and/or breakdown coffee breaks, receptions and other functions as assigned, following standard procedures and policies.
- Complete any assigned side work; such as refilling condiments, sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment, etc.
- Assist managers and lead servers/captains in setting up the functions and enforce all policies and procedures.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Interested, qualified candidates please apply online to www.jhmhotels.com. Online applications are required.
JHM Hotels is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screens prior to any offers of employment.