Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewWith genuine care and consideration of our guests’ expectations, you will be responsible for setting up assigned tables for our banquet functions. You will warmly and enthusiastically serve our guests ensuring they have everything they desire including but not limited to; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables.Essential Functions
- Enjoy taking pride in your organization skills and efficient work ethic while completing pre function side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards to exceed guest and co-associate expectations
- Be attentive and proactive as you attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties
- Educate yourself and be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws
- Be attentive and follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Express your eye for detail while setting tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Food and beverage service. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol.
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.