Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic leader to join our team as a Banquet Server. The Banquet Server will work closely with the hotel’s F&B staff.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Set up tables and events including chairs, dance floors, silver and china
* Service food, coffee, water and other beverages
* Clear tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
* Clean banquet and dining rooms during and after the dining experience
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems.
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
* Performs other duties as required to provide genuine hospitality
* Sets tables in accordance with hotel standards
* Prepares order for presentation to guest
* Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages; refills beverages as needed
* Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
* Cleans banquet room and banquet kitchen area during and after banquet functions
* Ability to sit for hours at a time.
* Availability to work flexible work schedules including morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Focus on the Customer – Seek to understand the (internal / external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
* Fosters Teamwork - work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance
* Communicate Effectively - clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action
* Build Strong Relationships - Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER