Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewWith genuine care and consideration of our guests’ expectations, you will be responsible for setting up assigned tables for our banquet functions. You will warmly and enthusiastically serve our guests ensuring they have everything they desire including but not limited to; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables.Essential Functions
- Enjoy taking pride in your organization skills and efficient work ethic while completing pre function side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards to exceed guest and co-associate expectations
- Be attentive and proactive as you attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties
- Educate yourself and be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws
- Be attentive and follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Express your eye for detail while setting tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Food and beverage service. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol.
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.