Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
You will create a special event that our Guests will remember. Your ability to work as a team player combined with your service skills and your engaging personality will ensure that our Guests have a memorable experience.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
* Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
* Serve all food and beverage items for assigned banquet meetings
* Have full knowledge of beverage lists
* Have full knowledge of all menu items being served
* Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
* Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
* Other duties as assigned
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Previous service experience an asset
* Previous point of sale system experience an asset
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
* Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Constant lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.