A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
About our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts primarily located in California
Provides exceptional food service to property guests during events, special events, and
other catered functions, as well as any other property hosted event as requested and
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Serves customers at assigned station quickly, courteously, and efficiently.
Obtains food and beverage from prescribed locations and serves customers
according to established procedures and using appropriate service techniques.
Keeps glasses filled throughout the meal.
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional requests and to note when meal is
finished. Assists other servers in a cooperative manner to ensure efficient
service to guests. Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Sets dining tables to established standards. Removes any dinnerware,
glassware, flatware and linens that do not meet cleanliness and appearance
standards. Complete pre, running, and post shift side-work requirements.
- Familiarizes self with all items on daily menus. Sets tables/room with linens,
china, etc. keeping in consideration the events prospectus and following
established procedures. After events, cleans away service and accessories.
- Clears dirty dishes from tables as guests finish with course (when applicable).
- Prepare coffee service with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Reports potential safety issues to Event Manager or Event Captain
whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency
situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or
safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned
PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has
responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does
not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's
Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Prior banquet or convention services experience at comparable property desired.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards
of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires
communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read,
write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention
Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain
one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local
laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol
to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Doubletree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.