Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Banquet Server is responsible for preparing for and serving guests during banquet functions in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation and warm hospitality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and understands the Banquet Event Order (BEO); completes setup according to the BEO.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Learns the menu for each function served and is able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Is standing in assigned station at least 15 minutes prior to function start time.
- Acknowledges and responds to all guests’ requests, advising supervisor if necessary.
- Keeps station neat and clean during service.
- Continuously patrols assigned station, refilling all drinks, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Ensures guest has everything they need.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break down procedures.
- Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assist Captain or Manager in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
- Assist the Captain or Manager in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Sets-up, tends and breaks down banquet bars, as assigned, according to standard policies and procedures.
- Follows cash and guest check procedures at all times.
- Return all excess food to the kitchen following all sanitation guidelines. No food or beverage is to be consumed by associates without prior approval from the Chef on duty.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, shaking and sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment and/or props, etc.
- Assists steward in keeping Banquet back hall, linen rack and storage areas neat, clean and organized.
- Learns and applies all procedures of proper service.
- Assist co-workers whenever needed.
- Remain up-to-date with hotel events and guests, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Maintains responsible alcohol service certification.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, to patrons during banquet events.
Coffee Break duties:
- Sets up, services, breaks down and cleans all break areas and coffee break carts.
- Presents each break attractively and completely; keeps each break clean throughout the day.
- Presents all breaks within the time parameters outlined on the BEO.
- Prepare all beverages correctly and according to conference center standards.
- Secure all beverage coolers and lockable storage at each shift’s end.
- Assist the set up staff if necessary.
- Employees are responsible for knowing and abiding by all Company, hotel, and departmental policies and procedures.Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous banquet server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Must be able to work morning and evening shifts.