Banquet Manager OE
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Our beautiful 240 room property is located in the stylish shopping and business district of Denver's Cherry Creek. Courtyard Cherry Creek is part of the Marriott portfolio and is managed by Stonebridge Companies. We are conveniently located near the Cherry Creek shopping district, the Denver Zoo, and the University of Denver. For business and social needs, we offer 6,500 sq ft of event space which feature incredible views of downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains. This property perfectly suits both business and leisure travelers alike. For dining options, we have the classic Courtyard Bistro and a Starbucks coffee. If you are eager to explore this unique part of Denver, have a passion for hospitality and service, then you have found the right place. At the Courtyard you can help others as they discover Denver. Our benefits include... • Opportunities for career growth • Discounted RTD EcoPass • 20% Discount on dining at Marriott Properties • 50% Discount on dining at our managed properties • Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (Eligibility: 30 days after hire) • 401k retirement plan offered after 6 months, eligible for company match at 1 year • Complimentary Life Insurance for all associates • Anniversary Pay • Holiday Pay and much more!
The Banquet Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of hotel's banquet events to ensure guest satisfaction while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business, reduce employee turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage all aspects of the hotel's banquet operation including room set-up and food and beverage service.
* Directly supervise Banquet Captain, Banquet Server, Banquet Set-Up Attendants & Banquet Bartender.
* Review all Banquet Event Orders and Resumes to ensure proper staffing levels.
* Coach staff to approach all encounters with guests, managers and fellow employees at all times in an attentive, friendly, attentive, helpful, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Ensure staff is maintaining high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
* Ensure staff is compliant at all times with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
* Work with the other F& B managers and keep them informed of F & B issues as they arise.
* Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
* Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation.
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly action plans.
* Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws and health and sanitation regulations.
* Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
* Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
* Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with hotel standards.
* Understand and exhibit ability to prepare payroll and tip distribution.
* Ensure completion and/or conduct departmental and hotel training banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate departments.
* Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
* Review menu/service with catering managers and banquet chef.
* Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to necessary staff.
* Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service.
* Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
* Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guest for signature.
* Requisition liquor, etc. for banquet bars.
* Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas.
* Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis.
* Oversee maintenance of accurate and current banquet inventories.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.