A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Manages all aspects of hotel's event operations for assigned area(s), including set-up, food presentation, serving, and cleanup. Ensures quality presentation and service exceeds customer expectations. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed and service is within designated operating budget.
- Manages subordinate supervisors/managers who supervise team members in the Event Department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Monitors day-to-day event operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards.
- Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each event area.
- Ensures all event and service areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment and orders as needed.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings with event staff to review specific needs of each group including service procedures, set-up, menus, order of service and special requests.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience required.
- Two years management experience in a similar high-volume banquet setting required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
- Required ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Possess solid knowledge of restaurant management, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plate ware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot plate ware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests, dining and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. Lifting is occasionally required to prepare dining areas and serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to operate a computer. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work areas.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.