Hotel De Anza
California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Banquets, F&B - Food & Beverage
Hotel De AnzaHotel De Anza, a downtown San Jose luxury boutique hotel, offers the ultimate combination of classic architecture, modern comfort and exceptional hospitality. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown San Jose and within walking distance to the SAP Center, San Jose Convention Center, various restaurants, attractions and conveniently situated only three miles from the San Jose Airport. This AAA Four Diamond hotel offers luxurious guest rooms and well-appointed amenities tailored to fit the convenient needs of the savvy traveler. Hotel De Anza's four star rated, La Pastaia Restaurant continually delights Bay Area diners with its contemporary Italian cuisine and metropolitan ambience.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for effectively monitoring the daily operations of the Banquet Department to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.Essential Functions
- Ensure the highest quality of food, beverage and service related to all banquet areas
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all assigned personnel and departmental responsibilities
- Maintain effective communication within and between departments to ensure guest expectations are exceeded
- Interview, hire, train, and manage banquet staff
- Implement and support hotel operation policies and procedures
- Two or more years of banquet management experience preferred
- Strong familiarization with food and beverage financial systems and cost controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required