Location: US - IL - Chicago
Purpose: Provide leadership and overall supervision to banquet staff while ensuring a high standard of guest satisfaction while operating in the established budgets and goals.
- Provide leadership and support for banquet staff
- Manage all aspects of banquet operations
- Manage floor staff
- Work cooperatively with chefs, cooks, and sales staff
- Promote a team environment
- Ensure guests are served in an expedient and friendly manner
- Respond well to fast-paced work environment
- Work with a changing schedule based on events
- Display calm and professionalism
- Input all Banquet checks into POS system as well as Delphi
- Manage your own and others time to accomplish all delegated or daily tasks in a timely manner
Specific experience we're seeking:
- 3+ years prior banquet experience preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Previous experience with POS systems and Delphi preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff and customers
- Alcohol Awareness Training preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).