JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Banquet Manager is to direct banquet functions in accordance with JHM Hotels and Brand Standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure that all food and beverage associates consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
• Ensure the proper set-up, execution and breakdown of banquet functions. Develop creative and attractive table settings, coffee break set-ups, buffets, etc.
• Operate department within budgetary guidelines and in response to actual business conditions.
• Establish goals for the department and communicate those to banquet associates.
•Develop and implement policies and controls on issues concerning Banquet operations to include, service standards, food and equipment handling, safety, breakage and sanitation, etc.
• Prepare and tabulate banquet checks, follow procedures for processing of banquet checks, and banquet recaps. Maintain accurate records on gratuity distribution.
• Interact effectively with guests, and greet meeting/function planners. Resolve guest complaints and operational problems and exercise effective decision making ability. Report food related problems to hotel chef.
• Maintain effective communication with Banquet staff, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems. Meet regularly with staff and ensure that staff is kept aware of issues relating to Banquet department and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled and maintain effective working relationship with all hotel departments.
• Communicate effectively with Catering staff on all banquet events, guest comments and complaints, cover counts etc. Coordinate details of events with and act as a liaison between guest and hotel operating departments.
• Ensure adherence to all regulations concerning the service, handling and storage of alcoholic beverages. Train staff on procedures for discontinuing service to and handling of intoxicated guests and assist when needed.
• Supervise the proper handling and storage of all Banquet furniture, fixtures, equipment, and supplies, schedule cleaning of function rooms and service areas, and assign cleaning tasks to staff.
• Ensure department is stocked with adequate supplies of all service ware, linen, condiments, dairy products, juices and all other items used during service. Ensure that staff is trained on and follows storeroom and requisition procedures.
• Communicate with kitchen on cover counts and any other food-related issues.
College Degree preferred; High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination
of education and experience required; 3-5 years as a Banquet Supervisor or Manager in similar sized