Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
Location: US - FL - Orlando
Coordinate and supervise all aspects of the Banquet department including scheduling, payroll, purchasing and quality of events. Ensure all service SOPs are followd to provide highest levels of service for banquet attendees. The Manager is also responsible for the care of banquet spaces and equipment. The Manager hires trains and disciplines the banquet staff.
- Banquet Supervisor/Captain
- Banquet Servers
- Banquet Utility Staff
- Banquet Bartenders
- Local only
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years Banquet service experience in 4 diamond hotel or equivalent - required
- TIPS training certification preferred or attained within 30 days - required
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
60% Leadership/Guest Service
- To provide leadership to the banquet department and its staff, ensuring that all banquet events are properly executed.
- Addresses complaints regarding food or service.
- Inspects dining tables and work areas for cleanliness.
- Requisitions supplies such as glassware, china, and silverware.
- Oversees the set-up and take down of banquet events.
- Requisitions table linen, china, glassware, and silverware.
- Point of contact for all groups.
- Liaise with the Event Service Manager, Banquet Chef, Banquet Captain on all events.
- Orders preparation of salads and coffee
- Consults with Food and Beverage Director Manager or Executive Chef on such items as serving arrangements and additional GPS and equipment needed.
20% Grand Performer Relations
- Hire and supervise banquet grand performers.
- Trains and monitors banquet servers on proper service.
- Assigns duties, work stations, and responsibilities to personnel and directs their performance.
- Produce weekly schedules and monitors payroll system for accuracy.
- Attend & contribute to weekly BEO meetings
- Attend all company mandated training meetings as well as hold month meetings for Banquet Grand performers
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Banquet service Standards
- Able to lift and carry 40 lbs regularly
- Ability to effectively supervise banquet staff
Kessler Grand Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of time will be spent standing walking and carrying up to 8 hours per shift
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 40 lbs, reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather including heat and cold