Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewSet-up assigned equipment (tables, chairs linen, etc) according to Hotel specifications and group requirements, courteously and efficiently. Capable of following directions thoroughly based on event order specifications and diagrams. Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.Essential Functions
- Practice Paradise Point Core Values on a daily basis.
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Provides general resort information for guests.
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness.
- Inspect the preset scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Ensure that any late or absent employees are passed down for the Houseman Supervisor to record.
- Assign work in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Assist banquet supervisors in the coordination of meal and rest breaks for staff.
- Inspect set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; create pass-down for Houseman Supervisor to rectify.
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events.
- Prepares all banquet space prior to events.
- High school education required
- At least one year of banquet set-up experience required.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated