Northwood Hospitality is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwood Investors, a privately-held real estate investment advisor founded in 2006. We currently own and operate seven properties -- The Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada, FL, Tranquility Bay Resort in Marathon, FL and The London West Hollywood - and we plan to grow. We seek team members who share our values:
- We enjoy the thrill of competition against other hospitality companies; we believe competition pushes us to do our best and allows us to measure our progress
- We enjoy helping people by creating memorable experiences that both leisure and business guests will go out of their way to come back for
- We believe in efficiency and sustainability in our operations, so we can grow a stable, secure business with minimal environmental impact
- We do everything with a sense of humor and an enjoyment of life
If this sounds like you, we look forward to the opportunity to meet you.
The Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the set-up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all banquets and meeting space.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
* Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
* Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
* Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 100 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled