Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Location: US - DE - Claymont
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
Purpose for the Position: To set-up and breakdown function rooms as well as all back of the house areas in the prescribed manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant and positive guest and fellow associate experience.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Picks up banquet orders and implements function set-up and breakdown.
- Sets up, cleans and refreshes all function rooms throughout the day.
- Completes all function setups prior to the start of the scheduled event.
- At the conclusion of a function, returns all equipment to the proper storage areas and returns soiled linen to laundry as needed.
- Ensures all audio-visual equipment as needed.
- Maintains banquet and audio-visual equipment as needed.
- Maintains work area and storage areas to be neat and clean.
- Assists food servers and bartenders in any way possible.
- Completes projects as determined by the Banquet Manager.
- Works with housekeeping to ensure that all areas, front and back of house, are clean and organized at all times.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays and tables.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
- Do the same task over and over, frequently in the same way.
- Get along with all kinds of people.
- Use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Add and subtract.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read instructions, rules, etc.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Comparing: Judging the readily observable functional, structural or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
People: Serving: Attending to the needs, requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is involved.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools and/or special devices to work, move or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs; anything beyond short demonstration up to and including 30 days.