Join the most recognizable hotel brand in the world. Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort is looking for talented, passionate people interested in hotel industry careers in Hollywood, Florida. From the front desk to our event planning team, we offer rewarding careers and jobs at our hotel in Hollywood where you will be inspired to reach your professional and personal goals.
As a Banquet Set Up your main duties include set-up, cleaning and maintaining banquet functions on a daily basis following the standards of service set by management. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Tear-down and set up of the meeting and event rooms, daily. This may include stripping the room of all its furniture, vacuuming the floor and resetting the room per the specifications outlined by the BEO.
• On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
• Clean up of the meeting and event rooms periodically. This includes, but is not limited to, straightening chairs, clearing the dirty dishes and glassware from the tables, straightening the chairs, changing soiled table linen, vacuuming the floor, emptying trash and restocking materials such as pads and pens.
• Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications on BEO or as given by banquet management including vacuuming floors and cleaning walls and windows/mirrors.
• Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, and lecterns, is required.
• Proper control and storage of meeting room supplies such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc. are required.
• During events, duties may include assisting the banquet servers by refreshing the food service or coffee service, as well as attending to the conference speakers' needs.
• May be asked to obtain copies of conference materials or fulfill special requests such as special food or drink orders.
• Participates as a team member with Banquet Servers, Banquet Bartenders, Banquet Bar-backs, Banquet Cooks, Banquet Captains, Banquet Supervisors and any pertinent company employees in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation that meets the highest standards of customer service.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Assist in other duties and projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests' interests and needs are always primary.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors/outdoors. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must been able to regularly lift 50lbs or more.
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, increasing to loud when on the casino floor.
• Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
Prior experience recommended
Licenses or Certificates
High school diploma or equivalent required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Chesapeake Hospitality Standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.