A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is "Yes" - then the Meritage Resort and Spa is looking for you!
- Under the direction of the Banquet Chef, prepare all broiled, roasted, and fried items for Banquets.
- Assist in preparing soup, sauces, and stocks.
- Assist in cleaning, preparing, and cooking of vegetables.
- Responsible for controlling food and supply waste.
- Equipment knowledge-Maintain the care and cleanliness of all mechanical equipment. Provide a safe working environment through proper use of equipment and personal tools. Monitor equipment and report problems via work order system.
- Assist in preparing a department requisition, neat, complete with proper quantities and food specifications.
- Culinary degree highly desired
- At least 2 years of experience as a Banquet Cook or equivalent
- Must have current CA food handler card
- Ability to work night shifts in support of business needs; including weekends and holidays
- High attention to detail required
Physical aspects of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand entire shift
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
The Meritage Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity M/F/V/D and E-verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.