Banquet Cook III
From the moment you arrive at our luxury resort in Tucson, you are greeted with a magnificent view of the Catalina Mountains and indigenous saguaro cactus in every direction. With the distinct Sonoran desert smell filling the air around you, you get a sense that Loews Ventana Canyon is a luxury hotel unlike any other. Here, you’ll find amenities and services that make you feel like you’ve just checked into paradise. During your stay, we encourage you to enjoy the sunshine, the miles of hiking trails, the 80-foot waterfall, and all of our other relaxing, indulgent offerings.
Our breathtaking spa resort in Tucson has something for everyone. From kids' activities to spa treatments and championship golf, your family will never run out of things to do. Loews Ventana Canyon offers close proximity to the University of Arizona and to many other activities, making it ideal for convenient Tucson travel. Kick back, relax, enjoy your travel experience, and let Loews take care of the rest.
Loews Ventana Canyon is looking for a Banquet Cook 1. This position is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing food and controlling quality of all food items prepared in the cook station. Below are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Reports directly to the Chef, Sous Chef, and Supervisor.
- Reports to Cook II or Cook I if any of the above is present.
- Prepares all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product
- Must adhere to control procedures for cost/quality
- Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product
- Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom
- Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates.
- Cleaning of walk-ins, reach-in boxes, to ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitary and in proper working condition, in order to comply with health department regulations
- Maintains area in a clean condition at all times.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of there assign station (table, cooler, cutting boards)
- Will be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- All other duties that are assigned.
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Responsible to have there own basic equipment (chef knife, paring
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in hotel/restaurant with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
- Basic knife skills.
- Ability to work pantry cold food station, (salads, dressings, basic cutting and slicing)
- Ability to work limited hot station (fryer, pizza oven, griddle, basic sauté and grill techniques)
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and difficult situations
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to obtain Food Handler’s Card
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 50 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Education: High school diploma required
Minimum of 1 year’s experience with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
The physical demands, mental effort and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V