Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Banquet Cook is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food for buffet and plated style meals in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensure all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with Banquet Event Order, appropriate recipes and presentations. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Understand and ability to interpret Banquet Event Orders, special food and/or presentation requests, etc.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage.
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write.
- The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.