A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To use knowledge of a la carte cooking and act as line leader, giving directions to others on production line.
- Use knowledge of a la carte cooking, meat temperatures and presentation to create a finished product that is consistent with dinner entrees and gourmet dining.
- Prepare all orders turned in by wait staff, ensuring that all orders are cooked quickly and according to order.
- Ensure that food leaves kitchen in peak condition.
- To produce all sauces and compounds and cook all food in the appropriate manner such as poaching, sauté, etc.
- Prep food products using standard food preparation techniques.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Prepare food needed by other kitchen departments, which is best prepared by this department; and prepare all food for the next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- If functioning in a lead capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, (b) assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines to prepare food
- Read recipes of item to be prepared, picture what the finished product will look like, and accept responsibility for accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
- Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product needed; measure ingredients with precision.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 6 months experience as line cook and 3 months as pantry/prep cook; OR equivalent combination.