Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as a Banquet Chef.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others in appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, one of Pacific Hospitality Groups San Diego Hotels, is looking for you!
Responsible for planning and directing food preparation in assigned Food & Beverage area(s) to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Recommends merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
2. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
3. Assists in developing the annual budget for assigned area.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Completion of an approved Culinary Program or Apprenticeship. Associates degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
2. Two years increasingly responsible culinary experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
3. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and occasionally required to sit, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.