Situated on a private 15-acre peninsula surrounded by Coronado Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Loews Coronado Bay Resort is located just minutes away from the charming resort village of Coronado and a short drive to San Diego’s world famous attractions. With panoramic water views, sea inspired guest rooms and world-class dining, Loews Coronado Bay is the premier choice for San Diego hotels. Our 439 rooms include 37 suites (all with bay, marina, pool, and garden views), four dining outlets, 24-hour in room dining, three outdoor swimming pools, and featuring 65,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor meeting and function space. For more information about the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, please visit www.loewscoronadobayresort.com.
The Loews Coronado Bay Resort is seeking a Banquet Chef to join our team. The Banquet Chef will oversee all aspects of Banquet food preparation, according to approved standardized recipes. Plates food for service, according to established plating/presentation criteria. Ensures that all food served is of the highest quality and that it is ready to be served to the guest at the appropriate time.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Excellent culinary skills and knowledge of food productions techniques
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of kitchen equipment use and operation
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 50 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
- Outstanding management, organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Five to seven years hands on experience with quality food production in high volume, upscale, hotel/free standing restaurant with banquet operation
- Two plus years Supervisory experience in quality food production, in an upscale hotel or freestanding restaurant
Licenses or Certificates: ACF certification as "Banquet Chef" or culinary degree from recognized Culinary Institute and equivalent work experience.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V