Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Banquet Captain helps to coordinate and supervise all banquet functions. Ensures the hotel displays a very high level of quality in every banquet-related task through the management of subordinates and independent involvement.
* In the absence of the Banquet Manager, the Captain directs the work of the Banquet staff and daily operations of the Banquet department. Is responsible for training and development of Banquet staff.
* Meets and/or speaks with potential groups to discuss and schedule banquet functions.
* May utilize up-selling techniques to increase hotel revenue; promotes early bookings and benefits of using hotel facilities when discussing banquet facilities to potential clients.
* Schedules employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor costs daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
* Reviews event orders with clients; responds quickly to last minute changes; answers questions to customers’ satisfaction
* Arranges for and supervises set up of banquet space to ensure timely and accurate room arrangements.
* Coordinates with other staff and departments to arrange for and supervise the delivery of requested services including food and beverage service, table displays, room reservations, etc.
* Ensures proper service to clients during the banquet.
* Ensures service staff is prepared, organized, and delivers high standards of service for the event; ensures all other departments are prepared for the banquet event by confirming deadlines prior to the event.
* Arranges for and ensures proper sequence of service for each event.
* Reviews guest check with client after function and obtains signature.
* Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and discusses appropriate service problems with those responsible; discourages the repeat of mistakes.
* Requisitions supplies when needed and maintains adequate levels of inventory supplies to meet function needs.
* Ensures proper cleaning of equipment after function is completed, including breakdown, cleaning, and equipment storage.
* Assists staff in setting up function rooms to meet specifications set forth by the Sales Office and Banquet Captain.
* Works closely with the Banquet Captain to assure all details of functions are completed properly.
* In the absence of the Banquet Captain, greets function leaders at function to determine if there are any last minute changes and confirm various set-up arrangements.
* Deals with guest complaints and special requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
* In the absence of the Banquet Captain, generates banquet check and presents to Guest. Assures that Front Desk also receives a copy of the banquet check.
* Maintains orderly back areas and ensures equipment is kept clean and stored in a secure manner.
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Aggressively recruits and staffs department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
* Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
* Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
* A minimum of two years of food and beverage and/ or hospitality related work experience required. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
* HOTEL EXPERIENCE
* MICROSOFT OFFICE
* MARRIOTT EXPERIENCE
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
* Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
See job description