Destination Resorts Snowmass represents the finest and largest collection of slope-side properties in Snowmass Village; from the Condé Nast award-winning Stonebridge Inn to the prestigious Top of the Village Condominiums. Our diverse collection of properties offers a full range of guest experiences, amenities and accommodation sizes from ski in ski out spacious, luxury condominiums to slope-side hotel rooms and studios. Our largest advantage over our competition is our motivated, friendly and service oriented team who provide superior guest service that keeps our clientele returning season after season.
We believe in empowering fully prepared people while nurturing relationships with our staff, owners and guests. Our team provides exceptional guest experiences by balancing work and play to ensure that we have FUN. Destination Resorts Snowmass is part of Destination Hotels and Resorts, one of the fastest growing hospitality management companies in the country and this partnership can provide abundant opportunities for top performers within Snowmass and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for leading the Banquet team for all banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown. The Captain ensures that all personnel follow service standards to ensure that each event exceeds the guest’s expectations.Essential Functions
- Assist Banquet Manager with selection, training, and scheduling of Banquet personnel as needed
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that all areas are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time
- Obtain and review Banquet Event Orders, and coordinate activities as needed to ensure timely performance of contracted setup, food preparation, and service
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three or more years’ experience as Banquet Captain in a high volume, upscale hotel
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques and standards
- “TIPS” or equivalent certification
- Effective leadership, management, and guest service skills