For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for leading the Banquet team for all banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown. The Captain ensures that all personnel follow service standards to ensure that each event exceeds the guest’s expectations.Essential Functions
- Assist Banquet Manager with selection, training, and scheduling of Banquet personnel as needed
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that all areas are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time
- Obtain and review Banquet Event Orders, and coordinate activities as needed to ensure timely performance of contracted setup, food preparation, and service
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three or more years’ experience as Banquet Captain in a high volume, upscale hotel
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques and standards
- “TIPS” or equivalent certification
- Effective leadership, management, and guest service skills