The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Responsible for coordinating the execution of our events in our multiple private event rooms. You will be responsible for motivating and leading our team of banquet servers and bartenders to ensure our members and guests expectations are exceeded.Responsibilities
- Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet function.
- Effectively supervise the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Coordinating every aspect of the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department
- Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws.
- Must assist/conduct all designated staff/pre-function meetings.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively
- Must be willing to adapt to different climate changes in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- This position will be working with Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years banquet serving experience. Those with previous banquet captain or other similar leadership experience are preferred.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to direct, develop and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve requests
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations and have previous cash handling experience
- Must be familiar with BEO’s, Banquet Checks and Banquet Room Sets
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Must have experience in handling beverages.
- Must be actively TABC Certified.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to carry a full banquet server tray on shoulder
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.