Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Assists with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions. Oversee set-up and clean-up of food service for all banquet functions. Supervises Food and Beverage service to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Greets clients in charge and respond to requests. Processes banquet check for payment.
* Review the banquet schedule and ensure posting of updated function sheets in the banquet kitchen.
* Prepare and post assignments for banquet staff including specific times for set-up and service.
* Oversee the set-up of all aspects of a function, including the physical layout of the room.
* Monitor the appearance and performance of the banquet staff. Provide feedback and take corrective action if necessary.
* Ensure meals are prepared and served in accordance with established service standards.
* Ensure all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines are adhered to by banquet staff.
* Properly close all banquet checks and complete the Captain's log book at the completion of the function.
* Oversee proper clean up, handling and storage of all banquet materials and equipment.
* Recognize and address any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
* Notify management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of tables, chairs, carpet and/or equipment and any accidents.
* Follow all procedures when responding to any hotel emergency or safety situation
*Minimum two (2) years experience working as a Banquet Captain/Supervisor, in a high volume hotel/resort environment.
*Experience developing and conducting employee training.
*Experience developing and implementing employee motivational programs, performance evaluations and discipline.
*Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
*Excellent communication skills.
*Ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner.
* Must work a flexiable schedule, including holidays and weekends.