The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from
downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and
sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use
development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with
a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with
yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an
innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary
nod to the region’s German heritage.
Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a
unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Banquet Captain to work at to work at the
new property, The Summit, in Cincinnati. This position is responsible for directing
staff assigned to the Banquet Department, and supervising and coordinating the
food and beverage service of banquet functions.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performs planning and organization functions
for the banquet department, including maintaining the banquet logbook and
maintaining and updating function sheets.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen
areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and
- Performs human resource functions for staff,
including scheduling, evaluating, and training staff.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to
ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or
- Assists the Banquet Manager to establish
maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and
- Supervises the food and beverage services of
banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown.
- Coordinates function details with banquet,
conference planning, and kitchen staff.
- Inspects food products to ensure quality,
quantity, and palatability guidelines are followed.
- Ensures all guest checks are priced, written,
and signed by the guest according to planned arrangements.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation
and time and attendance records are completed and provided to Night Audit.
- Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture,
amenities, art and design, community, events in the area, points
of interest, and services in the area.
- Excellent problem resolution, customer
relation and communication skills.
- A strong background in banquets and event
- Requires ability to interpret / extract
information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping,
or word processing.
· This position requires a minimum formal education of some high
school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)