We're looking for happy, sunny, hospitality professionals to shine as the face of our hotel with onsite dining, lounges, and private event facilities. We offer competitive wages, and fabulous travel discounts - all in an exciting, fast paced, always friendly environment!
The purpose of this role is to coordinate, supervise, and direct all aspects of the hotel's banquet department while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels.
In this role, you will be expected to do the following:
- Lead and supervise the banquet team; develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, with employees, guests and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Ensure that the banquet operation is in compliance with company, brand, federal, state, and local laws/regulations including OSHA, Wage and Hour (tip reporting), Health, Sanitation, and Alcohol Beverage Control.
- Coordinate and monitor loss prevention, corporate promotions, menus and par levels
- Work with catering sales managers to ensure room is set and according to client needs as indicated on banquet event orders.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- A background in formal banquet service in a full-service, upscale, environment.
- Progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibility.
- Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Ability to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Most importantly, you should be up for the challenge of handling a fast paced environment.