Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Banquet Bartender sets up, prepares and serves beverages and breaks down banquet bars in safe and efficient compliance with Company policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Processes guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up bar in function area according to Banquet Event Order (BEO), policies and procedures.
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Follow guest billing and payment processing according to policies and procedures.
- Follow all cash handling responsibilities according to policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Breakdown and thoroughly clean bar. Return all equipment and supplies to proper areas.
- Ensure all liquor is properly secured before, during and after event.
- Perform all pre and post event sidework.
- Remove soiled wares and trash from bar and tables and place in designated areas.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus bartending training. One or more years of related bartending experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.