Renaissance Waterford Oklahoma City
Location: US - OK - Oklahoma City
Nov 22, 2017
6300 Waterford Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK, US 73118
Oklahoma City, OK, US 73118
What you will be doing
- Set up bar in function area according to Banquet Event Order (BEO), policies and procedures.
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Follow guest billing and payment processing according to policies and procedures.
- Follow all cash handling responsibilities according to policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Breakdown and thoroughly clean bar. Return all equipment and supplies to proper areas.
- Ensure all liquor is properly secured before, during and after event.
- Perform all pre and post event sidework.
- Remove soiled wares and trash from bar and tables and place in designated areas.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
- High school education plus bartending training.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages.
- Ability to understand and comply with federal, state and local serving guidelines and with proper food handling and serving techniques.
- Ability to process cash handling and credit card processing in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.