Back of House Clerk - Receiving
What will I be doing?
As Back of House Clerk - Receiving, you will maintain the security and quality of the hotel stores so that administrative processes are managed in a timely manner and that customers are well served in the hotel's retail environment. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Management of suppliers in the Beverages area and mediation in the event of short term requirements
* Acceptance and close control of all incoming goods in respect of volume and quantity, and storing these from the aspect of stock rotation
* Monitor inventory and adherence to the stocks standard, taking account of the hotel's requirements situation
* Daily commissioning of goods for the operative areas and working closely with these areas
* Inform the Purchasing Manager on omissions in the range and procurement problems, acting according to the principle of "no movement of goods and without voucher"
* Keep costs for damage / disappearance to a minimum
* Enter all internal goods movements into the computer system Fidelio daily
* Update the items catalogue for gastronomy and offer alternatives
* Carry out monthly inventories with Controlling,, ensure orderliness and cleanliness in his area of responsibility.
* Responsible for acceptance and rough checks on all items entering the hotel by volume and quality
* Issue immediate complaints
* Ensure that all articles reach their place of destination immediately
* Ensure orderly acceptance and passing on of events material and its return from the ramp
* Keep a goods in, post and carriage log
* Loan and empties return from the warehouse carried out independently
* Have maintenance and repair work carried out on motor vehicles which are under the administration of Purchasing
* Ensure tidiness and cleanliness in his area of responsibility
* Operate the technology for carrying out the TUL process
* Acceptance and issue of service equipment and cleaning materials and other consumables on the basis of requirements
* Store these taking account of maintenance of stocks and the corresponding
* requirements situation in the hotel
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
A Back of House Clerk-Receiving serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous store experience with stock control responsibility
Preference will be given to Indian Male, African Male & Whites female candidates
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!