Job Purpose: To operate hotel's switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls and to provide a professional, prompt, and friendly telephone and message service to the hotel guests and staff, and to project an image of reliability and professionalism through such services.
- Maintains a professional attitude towards customers and employees and continuously is aware that a phone conversation is the first impression most people have of the hotel.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and does so in a timely, professional and polite manner. Also, handles all paging and radio communications in a similar manner.
- Assists in filing of folios, registration cards, etc. on a daily basis.
- Keeps alphabetical telephone guest index current and accurate, denoting checked out guests from check in and stay over guests in the appropriate manner.
- May supply information to callers and record messages.
- May keep record of calls placed and toll charges.
- May perform clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- May operate system of bells or buzzers to call individuals in establishment to phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
HS Diploma or equivalent